Hello and Happy 2019! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year! I had 11 days off of work and it was amazing. The first half of the break was pretty hectic with friends visiting and Christmas festivities, but I really got to relax and unwind during the second half. I wanted to share some highlights from 2018 and also write down a few things I would like to improve on this year. I don’t like to make “resolutions” per say, but I do like to list out areas of my life where I could do better! Here are some highlights:
Celebrated 1 year in our home
Took a weekend trip up to Chattanooga to explore
Purchased a new car
Traveled to the Dominican Republic and got ENGAGED!
Traveled to Las Vegas for my best friend’s bachelorette party
Got my wedding dress
Saw Beyonce and Jay-Z live in Atlanta
Traveled to Chicago for my best friend’s wedding
Celebrated the grand opening of Jake’s machine shop
Took our engagement photos
Brought home a 6 week old German Shepherd, named “Jax”
Traveled to Asheville, NC for a dear friend’s bachelorette party
Celebrated multiple weddings, babies, new homes, and birthdays in between
We had an amazing year, but of course there were things that got put on the back burner in the midst of all the big life events and day to day activities. Here are a some goals I am working towards in 2019.
- Drink more water – This has been a constant struggle for years! I know my life would improve in so many ways if I could just remember to drink my water. My mom got me the cutest water bottle for Christmas and I know it it is going to come in handy for this.
- Improve my skincare regimen – I can’t tell you how many nights in the past year I have just used a makeup removing wipe and worse, slept in my makeup. I want to make it a priority to take better care of my skin by removing my makeup, cleansing my skin, and properly moisturizing. Maybe even use a mask once or twice a week. Lord knows I have plenty of them! I can be so exhausted once bedtime rolls around so I need to get this out of the way earlier in the evening.
- Exercise – When I say “exercise”, I don’t mean I’m going to work out for an hour 5 times a week. I just mean that I want to get moving more than I do now. This could be taking a walk after dinner, or going for a short hike on the weekends. Of course I will probably amp this up a bit towards our wedding in June!
- Keep a tidy home – I am so bad about this, y’all. When I get home every day, the LAST thing I want to do is clean the house. I can really let things go during the week and it can be overwhelming to have to clean everything all at once. If I can do just one task or two per day, then deep cleaning the house won’t be such a chore.
- Be positive – Most importantly, I want to change my perspective this year. I want to focus on being positive and being happy. I often let small things get to me and that needs to change. I commute an hour to and from work everyday, and sometimes traffic can totally steal my joy! I need to remember that I am in control of my happiness and to not let the little things get me down.
I would love to know what your goals are for 2019 so let me know in the comments down below. I hope to share more lifestyle content with you all this year and of course I will be sharing as much wedding content as possible. 🙂 Thanks for reading!